5 Health Benefits of MCT Oil
The 3 letters MCT came from medium-chain triglycerides term. It is a form of saturated fatty acid that you can get from coconuts or coconut oil. Stick to a keto plan and get all of the MCT oil benefits.
You are planning to start Keto diet correctly to improve your lifestyle by losing weight and increasing your energy. You need to consume high amounts of fats in your diet. As well as restrict or at least minimize to a very low level your carbohydrate intake. If you are looking for a concentrated source of fats then MCT oil is one of them.
The Most Important MCT Oil Benefits For Keto:
- Helps the body create ketones and get into ketosis. Ketones have many benefits, such as helping to cut food cravings, improves mental clarity and concentration, increases energy levels.
- MCT oil can work as a tool for weight loss. The medium chain fats help to prevent hunger sensations and can help with calorie control. MCTs essentially signals to the brain that the body is receiving enough energy. Therefore the desire to eat is usually reduced.
- Using MCT oil increases energy levels since it’s stored as fat which keeps your body in a “Fat Burning State”. This increased energy level helps to boost your workouts and exercises performance.
- MCT oils are easy fats to digest compared to many other fats, which means they are well-tolerated by people with digestive disorders.
- Following Keto will make you more familiar to “intermittent fasting” and using MCT oil helps to make intermittent fasting easier and doable as it boosts ketones levels in a convenient way to keep up your energy and to keep down your hunger levels.
How To Use MCT Oil ?
- MCT oil has a neutral taste and smell so it can be added to all types of recipes without changing the flavor.
- You can use MCT oil as a keto supplement but not as a cooking oil so you can add a spoonful of MCT oil with your meal to enhance the production of ketones.
- The best way to use MCT oil when it’s blended in recipes. It helps to create a smooth texture and makes a good combination with other fats including smoothies, oatmeal, salad dressings, homemade sauces and homemade mayonnaise.
- If you want to avoid blending you can add it to your morning “Bullet Proof” coffee which will boost your mood and help you have a fresh start of the day.
How Much MCT Oil For Ketosis Should You Use?
When first introducing MCT oil to your diet, start with a smaller amount, such as one teaspoon or even less. Later, you can slowly increase how much you use depending on how you feel.
If you seem to be reacting well to MCT oil, then work your way up to take a tablespoon daily.
Make sure you are not dealing with MCT oil as a short term item. If you are going to use it, keep it in your mind that MCT is a tool in your toolbox to increase the production of ketones.
Still keep the clean eating habits by having low-carb, high-fat meals to get into ketosis and stay in there.