Different Types Of Exercising And How To Apply With Keto
Lot’s of rumors and some old school nutritionists stated that following a Low-carb, High-fat meal plan may become an obstacle in front of performing well in the Gym or from being an athlete. The truth is that Keto Diet is a kind of diet which can be perfectly fitting in everyone’s life. Learn more on how to exercise with keto.
You decided to start Keto diet while going to the gym, but you are confused about:
Whether you should push yourself hard or take it easy?
What kind of exercising you should do?
How to exercise with keto diet?
What kind of food elements you should eat to improve your performance and not to feel weak and exhausted?
Let’s Find the Answers to These Questions:
Well, following Keto diet means that you are reducing carbohydrate intake, while normally it was your main source of fuel giving you the energy to do your daily tasks and even exercising.
So maybe you are asking yourself now, while on Keto from where this energy will come? What is going to be your source of fuel?
Here’s the good news, exercising is possible with keto diet and it has great benefits for the body as well. These benefits can be reflected in your health and your energy.
For years everybody has a mindset that to lose weight you have to eat less and work out more, this idea is outdated and unsustainable.
In fact, if you want to lose weight and stay healthy what you eat really matters. If you pay attention to your Keto Meal by keeping it of good quality and clean. This will help you to have a steady ketosis state. Moreover, you can test your ketosis level by measuring the level of Ketone bodies in your blood or urine.
Is Exercising Recommended with Keto diet?
Of course, here in Brightdiet.co.uk we recommend exercising and working out as it’s very useful for the heart, it also helps in building muscles, toning the shape of the body and strengthening the bones.
If you are following the Keto diet, exercising can fit in your daily routine, you will just need to be aware of a few points in order to get the best results.
Types of Exercise in Keto diet differ in the way of eating:
Let’s first introduce to you the main types of exercising to be able to determin your meal plan:
- Aerobic Exercise: It’s like cardio exercise. You can do it for a short period of time with low intensity. If you do cardio exercise on a steady rate, it effectively burn the fats of the body which is a very keto-friendly consequence.
- Anaerobic Exercise: It’s like weightlifting exercises. It’s working on having a burst of energy to have a high-intensity short period exercise for burning carbohydrates. So if you are on Keto diet and you are planning to make an anaerobic exercise then you will need to increase your carbohydrate intake since fat won’t be enough as a source of fuel and energy for this type of exercise.
- Flexibility Exercise: It’s like Yoga and stretching exercises. It helps to stretch your muscles, support joints and widen the muscles range. If you keep on doing flexibility exercises it helps in minimizing muscle injuries which happen over time.
- Stability Exercise: It’s like balance exercises and core training. It helps to strengthen the muscles and have more control on movements.
How to choose the best type of exercising?
In Ketosis state you have to take in consideration that low-intense exercises work on burning fats, but high-intense exercises work on burning carbohydrates. This means that weightlifting exercises known as the Anaerobic exercise may be difficult to be done in the beginning of Ketogenic diet.
Since this type of exercising requires to eat more carbohydrates which may turn to be an obstacle against getting into Ketosis. So if you want to start this kind of exercising then here is a solution for you.
How to Do High-Intensity Exercising in Keto?
If you are going to be doing high-intensity exercise for 3 days per week or more, like you are going to lift weights or sprinting, then you will need to adjust the amount of carbohydrate intake to be suitable with the amount of exercise you are going to perform.
The Best Trick to perform exercising well in Keto Diet:
A good piece of advice is to eat from 20 to 30 grams of fast-acting carbohydrates such as fruit, within 30 minutes before your workout and within 30 minutes after.
This will provide your muscles with the proper amount of glycogen to improve your performance during exercising and also recover. It allows the carbohydrates to be used exactly for this purpose and prevent any risk of getting out of Ketosis state.
Benefits of Exercise with Keto Diet:
- When researchers studied the difference between low-carb and high-carb diets on athletes they found that the rate of fat burning with low-carb dieters is 3 times more than high-carb dieters.
- Also, the same studies showed that the amount of muscle glycogen restored is the same in both types of diets.
- From the main benefits of the Keto Diet that it prevents fatigue during long period exercises.
- Obesity patients when exercising they need to be following a blood-glucose maintaining diet. When the body is in Ketosis State it helps in maintaining the blood-glucose which resists cravings and hunger feelings.
- When a person is Keto-adapted, this will increase his performance and duration of exercising over time while having low-carb intake.
Don’t go after the rumors and the traditional thought which tell you that taking low-carb intake will be an obstacle against being a sportive, athlete or even well-performing in the gym.
Low-carb diets like Keto Diet can be fit in everybody’s daily routine and also you can get the advantage of having its benefits to your body if you just understand and read what you should do to avoid mistakes, to stay strong and fit.